The 17.10 release was released 2017-11-04. Some highlights of the release are:
- Authorization management. This feature makes it possible to create, edit and delete user roles. When a user is created, he is given a role. The role has a set of permissions assigned to it. Each permission allows access to specific part of the system and additionally, that access can be read-only or full access. Based on permissions of a role that is given to the user, it is determined if the user is authorized when he initiates some action.
In addition to permissions, roles also have a type which can be: Administrator, Reseller or Customer. Type is used to determine what is the available range of permissions for the role, where Administrator has the biggest range of permissions and Customer the smallest.
- Atomia Automation Server performance improvements. After monitoring of Atomia Automation Server and determining what are the most used functions and their execution times, steps were taken to increase performance. Priority was given to most used functions with biggest execution times, as it would have the biggest effect on performance increase.
- Multi-language support for customer messages. When in need to notify customers with some relevant info, there is a way. In Atomia Admin Panel it is possible to add a new message for the customers. The message can be added to be shown to all customers, but also it set so that only customers with particular products see it.
Additionally, each message can have subject and content specified in multiple languages. All that it’s needed for a language to be available as one of message languages is to be enabled generally in the system.
Further, the message has four different types and those are information, confirmation, warning, and error. Message type has an effect on how the message is displayed.
Once a message has been added, it will be shown to each suitable user when he logs in to Atomia Control Panel, on the Dashboard page. He has an option to mark the message as read, so it’s now shown next time he logs in.
- Openprovider SSL module. We have added a new integration for SSL certificates via Openprovider. If you are an Openprovider reseller, you can start selling various SSL certificates that Openprovider has in their offer.
The 17.10 release consists of the software versions listed below. Please note that you should always use the latest version available at the stable package repository to make sure you get the latest security and stability updates.
- Action Trail: 17.10.6514.28719
- Admin Panel: 17.10.6517.37765
- Automation Server: 17.10.6514.26860
- Automation Server Client: 17.10.6514.26860
- Customer Panel: 17.10.6517.37706
- Atomia Billing: 17.10.6517.30588
- Hosting Control Panel: 17.10.6517.37250
- Atomia Identity: 17.10.6517.31473
- Atomia Store: 17.10.6514.28674
- Cloud Hosting Pack: 17.10.6514.28475
- Atomia Domain Registration: 1.1.198
- Atomia DNS: 1.1.45
- Filesystem Agent: 16.9.1
- Apache Agent: 17.3.2
- DynDNS Agent: 15.3.2
- Awstats Agent: 1.1.31
In addition to this list of changes, more detailed descriptions of the major new features included in 17.10 are available.
The list of changes since the last stable release (17.3, released at 2017-03-13) include:
- Atomia Control Panels: Added support to have unlimited Storage Quota.
- Atomia Admin Panel: Added option to disable automatic sending of an invoice.
- Atomia Control Panels: Package selector now has sorting available
- Atomia Control Panels: Added support for CAA type of DNS records.
- Atomia Billing: Fixed flow when one out of multiple customer packages is terminated.
- Atomia Admin Panel: Fixed tax calculation in inclusive tax mode.
- Atomia Admin Panel: Fixes in account data searching behavior.
- Atomia Control Panels: Multiple fixes in translations for German, French and Italian.
- Atomia Billing: Removed duplicate entries when retrieving customer messages.
- Atomia Billing: Fixed filtering of subscriptions in domain transfer out scheduled task.
- Atomia Customer Panels: Fixed paging when listing Databases.
- Atomia Control Panels: Added checking of current transfer status for a domain before calling cancel transfer.
- Atomia Control Panels: Fix FTP password resetting when there are multiple packages.
- Atomia Admin Panel: On customer card, filtering of subscriptions is added based on status.
- Atomia Control Panels: Introduced additional caching of products to improve performance.
- Atomia Billing: When fetching configuration for some sub-reseller, if it’s missing, first ancestor configuration will be fetched.
- Atomia Billing: Added support for campaign promo codes when upgrading package.
- Atomia Control Panels: Show server errors on FTP account pages for adding and editing.
- Atomia Control Panels: Meter stats improvements for storage and bandwidth.
- Atomia Control Panels: Improved server errors for email forwards.
- Atomia Control Panels: Improved server errors for Cron jobs.
- Atomia Control Panels: Added option to set any email as default email account.
- Atomia Store: Initial Atomia service is configurable.
The full list of changes to the APIs since the last release is:
Effects On Customization
To update existing customization to work with 17.10 version of Atomia applications, following steps need to be taken:
- Update any mentions of old permission names which are not used anymore. Usual place where they can be found is in controller action attributes: AtomiaProvisioningAuthorize attribute (Atomia Hosting Control Panel) and AtomiaAuthorization attribute (Atomia Admin Panel, Atomia Customer Panel). List of old -> new permission names (in some cases, multiple old permissions were merged in one new) :
ListAccounts Account/Read Customer/Read PrepaidCredit/Read ScheuledTasks/Read ↓ Customers/Read
AddAccounts DeleteAccounts ModifyAccounts Customer/Write PrepaidCredit/Write ScheuledTasks/Write ↓ Customers/Write
Reports/Read Campaigns/Read TaxProfiles/Read ↓ Financials/Read
Reports/Write Campaigns/Write TaxProfiles/Write ↓ Financials/Write
AuditLog/Read ↓ Logs/Read
ExtraDomains/Read ExtraServices/Read ↓ Orders/Read
ExtraDomains/Write ExtraServices/Write ↓ Orders/Write
RecurringPayments/Read ↓ Payments/Read
RecurringPayments/Write ↓ Payments/Write
Shop/Read ↓ Products/Read
Shop/Write ↓ Products/Write
ListHiddenServices ListServices ListPackages ConfigApiAccess ↓ Services/Read
AddServices DeleteServices ModifyServices AddPackages DeletePackages ModifyPackages NativeApiAccess RemoveOldProvisioningRequests RemoveOldDeletedPackages RemoveOldDeletedServices ↓ Services/Write
Meter/Read MailTemplates/Read ↓ Settings/Read
MailTemplates/Write ↓ Settings/Write
ScheduledTaskSettings/Read Monitoring/Read Plugins/Read Messages/Read PackageConfiguration/Read ↓ System/Read
ScheduledTaskSettings/Write Monitoring/Write Plugins/Write Scripting/Run Scripting/Create Messages/Write PackageConfiguration/Write ↓ System/Write
- Remove any occurances of Roles = “Administrators” in AtomiaProvisioningAuthorize or AtomiaAuthorization attributes.
- Remove all usages of AccountValidation controller action attribute.
- Update any referenced Atomia dlls to new versions.