This article describes how to use the Atomia Installer to update some of the Atomia windows applications. This guide assumes that the customization packages in your GitHub repository are valid.
Before you begin
- The major releases of Atomia might require additional steps during the upgrade, like OS upgrade or similar. If so, this will be designated in our release documentation, in the ‘Upgrade instructions’ section for each release.
- It is recommended that you install the applications in the following order:
- Automation server
- Cloud Hosting Pack
- Billing API
- GUI applications
Updating Atomia applications
- Login to the server where the application is hosted.
- Start the Atomia Installer as Domain Administrator.
- Click Download Apps List and then Rescan (quick). A list is created of the latest apps, and the system is scanned to determine the installed versions. Outdated applications are displayed in red.
- Select the desired application and click Install (to the right).
- A dialogue box will appear with several options. In this box you are able to choose what version to install, and if to backup old files and the database. The default options are sufficient in most cases. When done, click Ok.
- A status bar will appear. For some applications, you will be asked what to do with running processes that prevent the installation to complete. Choose to automatically turn them off and proceed.
- Acquire the latest customization files from your GitHub repository.
- Copy the customization pack for each application over the existing files in the filesystem.
- Use the ‘Recreate config files’ link in root of the application to get valid configuration.
Testing the updated applications
Try to open the following links from the server where the related application is hosted:
Test all major features. If you bump into any problems, please contact our support.